Skip to main content

Anthem Lights


*This post is different from my norm, but close to my heart, so bear with me!*

Photo Credit: @anthemlights via Twitter

Every girl has a couple of artists that they tirelessly listened to growing up, and pictured above is one of mine: Anthem Lights. Anthem Lights is an American Christian group originating from Nashville, Tennessee (thanks, Wikipedia).

I was first introduced to Anthem Lights because of their mash-up of popular songs in 2012.


After that, my interest for their music grew as I discovered more of their unique mash-ups, covers, and original songs. Over the years, this band has been a source of incredible music for me, personally, and I wanted to share that.

For starters, here is a link to their personal site. Like all bands, they need as much support as they can get. So, if you can, be sure to follow them on social media, buy some merch, and download some songs!

And here are my personal favorite Anthem Lights songs:
~

Oh, yeah! Did I mention that they just released their fourth album, Painted Skies? I highly recommend giving it a listen.

Comments

  1. These guys are so talented! The first time that I heard them was when they did the 2014 K-Love fan awards mashup. I was blown away at how well that dude could do Mandisa's song, "Overcomer". They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! The "Overcomer" part of that mashup is so great!

      Delete
  2. I totally listened to that 2012 mashup! I think. Was that the K-Love fan awards one where the dude sang “Overcomer” like a boss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that one is their K-Love one from around the same time. It's also incredible!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

What Does "Delightfully Enlightened" Mean?

For my first blog post, I thought I'd explore what the title of my blog, delightfully enlightened, means. As you could probably guess, the delightful part comes with the connotation of, well, delight. My hope is that you'll find some form of delight in the words I write on this blog. That brings me to enlightenment. I don't mean the enlightenment era, although there are some pretty fantastic works to be read from that time. Locke was undoubtedly the real MVP of philosophy during that time. Anyways- what's enlightenment? In the context of this blog, enlightenment is very much what it sounds like: to shed light on something. My goal is to open your eyes to new topics and create an environment where you can explore the depths of your mind- if only for the few minutes it takes to read a blog post. That said, I'll leave you with a quote to ponder: "Enlightenment is when a wave realizes it is the ocean." Photo Credit: DebM WAVEART Thoughtfull

Hobby Lobby's Cotton Decor

           I feel like this topic is a little touchy just because everyone has a different opinion and many people could be offended. There was a black woman in Hobby Lobby looking around and spotted some decorations that looked like raw cotton. She was very offended and said that it was racist and it was a symbol for slavery. In my personal opinion this lady is completely wrong, there is no difference between a black man and a white man except the amount of melanin in their skin. Melanin was developed because our early ancestors lived in hot humid areas which caused them to develop more sweat glands and more melanin was released and therefore their skin got darker. There is only one race and that is the human race and there is no difference between people who are black or white we are all the same people. The cotton in Hobby Lobby was not meant to offend anyone and slavery wasn't just African Americans picking cotton, it was many other things too like plowing fields and cooking